TCERA is a retirement system, organized under the 1937 Act, County Employees Retirement Law, which provides retirement, disability, and death benefits to the employees, retirees, and former employees of the County of Tulare, the Tulare County Superior Courts, and the Strathmore Public Utility District.
TCERA ' s principal responsibilities include: Management of the trust fund; delivery of retirement, disability, and death benefits to eligible members; administration of cost-of-living programs; and general assistance in retirement and related benefits.
TCERA is located at
136 N. Akers Street
Visalia, CA 93291
Phone: (559) 713-2900
Fax: (559) 730-2631
Meet the TCERA Staff
Meet the TCERA Board of Retirement
To provide retirement compensation, death and disability benefits to County retirees and their beneficiaries. To provide services for County employees to assist them in planning for their retirement. To preserve and maintain the assets of the system through prudent investment of employee and employer contributions, while maintaining a sound funded status for the system.
TCERA Commitment TCERA Goals
TCERA is committed to providing excellent service for its plan participants. The Mission is achieved through a competent, professional, impartial and open decision making process. Investments are managed to decrease risk while increasing returns. TCERA exists for the sole purpose of providing benefits to our members with the goals of maximizing member service, enhancing member communication to increase awareness of available benefits, and minimizing employer contributions.
- To enhance communications with members and employers.
- To develop an environment which improves the Retirement Board’s ability to fulfill its fiduciary responsibilities.
- To improve the level and delivery of services provided to plan participants.
- To achieve and sustain top quartile investment performance as measured by the Public Fund Universe.
- To attract, develop and retain competent and professional staff.